We are an international services, trading and distribution
company, listed on the JSE, South Africa and operating on four continents.
We employ 105 057 people worldwide, but our roots remain
In a big business environment we run our company with the determination and commitment evident in a small business heart.
We believe in empowering people, building relationships
and improving lives. Entrepreneurship, incentivisation, decentralised management and communication are the keys.
We subscribe to a philosophy of transparency, accountability, integrity, excellence and innovation in all our business dealings.
We turn ordinary companies into extraordinary
performers, delivering strong and consistent
shareholder returns in the process.
But most importantly, we understand that people
create wealth and that companies only report it.
R1 000 invested at the start of Bidvest
in 1988 with capital and dividend
distributions reinvested, would be
worth an estimated R558 236, a
compound return of 32% per annum.
In a recent survey, Bidvestâ€™s compound
annual growth rate in total shareholder
return over three years was 133% when
compared to a peer group of companies.
1 157,4 cents
Dividend per share
Teamwork and managerial competence; this is what underpins any success at Bidvest.
A quote from a Moneyweb article, articulates this as follows; â€śWhat sets a multi-faceted business apart is exceptional management; Bidvest seems to demonstrate thatâ€ť.
2011 in perspective
- A reasonable result with a real increase in profits
- Refreshed South African operating structure implemented quickly demonstrating
the flexibility and lack of complication that characterises Bidvest
- Increased opportunities for individuals; continuity, succession and
- Strategic leadership and growth focus role for Group chief executive
with strong executive support
- Foodservice is a key ingredient in the evolution and growth of Bidvest
Looking forward to 2012
- The Bidvest board has reaffirmed its belief in the Bidvest decentralised business model and its confidence in our people
- Strategy is to grow organically and acquisitively
- New geographies continue to be added
- Real growth is important but not at the expense of long-term financial, stakeholder and environmental sustainability
Global challenger companies
The Boston Consulting Group (BCG), one of the worldâ€™s leading firms of international management consultants, has identified Bidvest as one of a new generation of global challenger companies from rapidly developing economies that are reshaping industries worldwide. Bidvest was one of three South African businesses to warrant a place on the prestigious BCG challenger list.