- First acquisition - Chipkins followed by Sea World. The start of foodservices.
- Acquisition of Afcom Group marks the start of Bidvest Commercial Products.
- Bid Corporation becomes holding company of Bidvest.
- Acquisition of Steiner Services, beginning of the hygiene services business and Bidvest Services.
- Acquisition of Crown Food Holdings, merged with National Spice to form Crown National.
- Prestige Cleaning Services acquired and grouped with Steiner.
- Acquisition of Safcor, the start of Bidvest Freight.
- Acquisition of Manettas and renamed Bidvest Australia.
- Acquired Waltons, which included the Konica Minolta operations, to start Bidvest Office.
- Booker Foodservice, acquired.
- Acquisition of Rennies Group and Lithotech.
- Bidvest PLC acquired Crean.
of Island View
- Banking licence granted to Rennies Bank, to form Bidvest Financial Services.
- John Lewis Foodservice acquired.
- mymarket.com, Bidvest’s e-commerce initiative launched.
- Paragon was acquired and merged with Lithotech.
- Remaining 68% of Voltex acquired, the start of Bidvest Electical.
- The Bidvest
- BEE initiative
- Acquired McCarthy, SA’s second largest motor retailer, to form Bidvest Automotive.
- Acquired Deli XL and a controlling stake in HORECA Trade.
- Top Turf and Execuflora acquired.
- Acquired Anglis.
- Rennies Bank became Bidvest Bank.
- Viamax acquisition concluded.
- First carbon footprint analysis prepared.
- Acquired Nowaco Group.
- Bidvest Namibia lists; Bidvest owns 52%.
- Expand services basket through Pureau and Bidtrack acquisitions.
- Acquisition of Seafood Holdings, Nowaco Baltics.
- Acquired Rotolabel.
- Acquisition of Deli Meals.
- Acquisition of Home of Living Brands.
- Acquisition of Mvelaserve.
- Academy Brushware acquired.
- DAC (Italy); PLC Transport 24/7 (UK) acquired.
- Compendium and Bush Breaks acquisitions concluded.
- Foodservices unbundles to unlock shareholder value.
- Acquisition of Plumblink and Glassock.
- Acquisition of Brandcorp, Technilamp, Eagle Lightning.
- Acquired Noonan, Bidvest’s first international acquisition.
- Bidvest celebrates 30-years of Homegrown Entrepreneurship